domingo, 9 de junho de 2013

Blueberry Spinach Super Smoothie


Blueberry Spinach Super Smoothie

Spinach and Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie from alimentageuse.com - Packed with vitamins and minerals!
I have a problem. It’s not a life or death kind of issue, but it’s still pretty bad. So first, I must confess: I have a seriously addictive attitude. It probably contributes to my phases. I was addicted to this Facebook game called Marvel Avengers Alliance for about 8 months and then I realized that I could be better spending my time on my blog so I just quit cold turkey.
Then I got addicted to TV shows. I watched 6 seasons of Mad Men in 4 months. And 4 seasons of Happy Endings in the same 4 months. All whilst keeping up with the following TV Shows: Girls, Community, How I Met Your Mother, Once Upon a Time, Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, and New Girl. And I just started watching Sex and the City.
Then I went on a potato chip spree where I got addicted to Kettle’s Brand Baked chips. And a huge spinach spree. I bought a ton of kale and spinach and made a ton of soup—the only problem was that I had a bunch of leftover spinach.

Spinach and Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie from alimentageuse.com - Packed with vitamins and minerals!
What can I do with spinach when I’m tired of eating it in its most common form: I was sick of salad, so I made a burrito and quesadillas with it, but eventually, I thought to myself, I don’t even want to KNOW I’m eating spinach anymore. I just need to consume it somehow before it goes bad. So I thought I’d make it into a smoothie. Considering I didn’t feel like drinking a green smoothie, I added some blueberries to mask the green colour. Add a little yogurt and orange juice for flavour, hemp hearts and flax seed for fibre and tons of vitamins, and voila!
I made me a super smoothie.
Spinach and Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie from alimentageuse.com - Packed with vitamins and minerals!
I guess my addictions aren’t so bad after all, especially if my addictions have led me to this food blog (my addiction to Pinterest and reading food blogs), although I feel like sometimes they’re the reasons why my sleep schedule is normally between 2 am and 10 am. Whoops. Good thing I have night classes, right?
Spinach and Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie from alimentageuse.com - Packed with vitamins and minerals!
What are you addictions? I have friends who are addicted to exercise (LOL I wish I had that addiction. Then I would actually be motivated to exercise every day) I know someone who is addicted to Lululemon and Roots (you know who you are), and another who is a chocoholic.
Are you in control of your addictions? =P
I like to say that I am. I always get stuff done when it needs to be done, I just procrastinate with one of my many addictions.
Blueberry Spinach Breakfast Smoothie
Ingredients
  • - 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (store-bought should work too but fresh is better)
  • - Heaping 1/3 cup wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
  • - 1/3 cup greek yogurt or vegan yogurt
  • - 1 tsp flax meal
  • - 2 tbsp hemp hearts
  • - 1 handful fresh spinach (about 1 cup, packed)
  • - 4 ice cubes
Instructions
  1. Blend all ingredients together and pour into a glass.
  2. Enjoy!
  3. Source: http://alimentageuse.com/home/2013/04/21/blueberry-spinach-super-smoothie/

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário